It rained for 6 days, Friday through Wednesday. Everyone’s backyards are lakes and at Home Depot yesterday all the blowers and dehumidifiers were gone by 9am. We used our wet/dry vacuum and a hair dryer. I was out in the yard making holes in the drain line so it would drain out part of the backyard faster.
The solar is still working fine and I am still very grateful for Sungevity and PPG for coming out so quick to fix the leak in the vent on the roof. My neighbor said that when you get a new roof they are supposed to replace all vents and reflash all that up there. Hmm, the company that did my roof for all that money did not do that at all, probably the same vents and mastic from 26 years ago. Oopps on their part. Maybe I will call them since I have a 25 year warranty. Any comments?
Here are some news stories from the local papers on the flooding in local areas such as Laguna Beach, etc.
- Laguna Beach Streets Closed: Flooding In Laguna Beach Downtown (nowpublic.com)
- Mud, more evacuations in wake of L.A.-area storm (msnbc.msn.com)
- Orange County Bears Brunt of Last Night’s Rainstorm (laist.com)
- AMAZING VIDEO: Laguna Beach suffers MILLIONS in DAMAGES from massive train of storms. What a mess! Send me your pics and clips! (economy4abc.blogspot.com)
- Major flooding in Laguna Beach, mudslides in canyons as storm bears down on L.A. [Updated] (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Rain overwhelms California and Arizona (salon.com)
- California rain storms: State of emergency declared as rains spark mudslides and flood roads (dailymail.co.uk)
- Los Angeles Rain Causes Mudslides, Flooding, Evacuations (ecoworld.com)
- Scenes From the Storm: The Rain’s Reign In LA and OC (laist.com)